The Red5 Webapps Online Application Generator is a very simple but effective utility to generate Red5 application online. This application gives you the power to create red5 applications without having any knowledge of programming. You can generate streamer applications, with live broadcasting, streaming, recording and shared-Object capabilities in a single click. No compiling/editing needed.
The application takes configuration inputs using a simple flash based front end, and generated red5 application for you by injecting those information’s into a application template at runtime.
The generator is located here Red5/Webapps Application Generator.
How to use:
1. Select a Red5 application from the drop down list of available applications. You can read the description of the application in the description box, once you have selected a application.
2. Then enter the name of your rtmp application in the text input box provided below the application list drop down. (no spaces). This will be the context name that you will connect to : rtmp://server/appname
3. Below the description box, you will find the “Stream Directory Path” option. Use this to select between absolute/relative path schemes. This will set the location for recording/playing streams using the application. In many cases where you may want the streams directory to be on a location other than the default streams folder under red5, you can use absolute path scheme to specify the path to your custom streams directory.
To select a path scheme select one of the radio buttons .
4. Enter appropriate relative/absolute paths in the text input boxes.
For absolute path scheme on linux file systems , use : /home/……
For absolute path scheme on windows use : c:/…..
* Relative path schemes remain same for linux and windows , though you wont use “../” to traverse backwards in either.
5. Press “Generate & Download” button to generate the specific application from its application template.
6. Press “ok” when your are prompted to download your application.
7. You may also want to read the description text to kn ow more about the selected application before generating your own copy.
Keep checking back for newly added Red5 applications at: